- Electronic Case Filing System
The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania uses an automated civil docketing system, Case Management/Electronic Case Filing (“CM/ECF”). Attorneys are required to file all documents and pleadings electronically, except as provided in the Local Rules and Standing Orders of the Court, or as ordered by the judge. CM/ECF filers are highly encouraged to use the Electronic Filing User Guides Available through the link below.
- Electronic Filing User Guides
- Filing a Civil Action
- Filing Documents
- After-Hours and Emergency Matters
- Redaction Requirements and Sealed Documents
- Obtaining Records
- Case Processing Questions
- Jurisdiction and Case Assignment
- Foreign Subpoenas
- Temporary Restraining Order (T.R.O.)
- Post-Judgment Interest Rate
- Local Rules, Standing and Administrative Orders
Note: Highly Sensitive Documents
Highly sensitive documents are a separate category of sealed and restricted documents that are subject to special procedures as set forth in the Standing Order issued on January 22, 2021.