You are here

Temporary Restraining Order (T.R.O.)

If you are filing a temporary restraining order in a new case, first file the case electronically. The initial pleading and the emergency motion should both be filed in the new case.

The assigned judge will set a time (usually the same day you file the T.R.O.) to meet with you and opposing counsel, if any. If the judge grants the temporary restraining order, it is the responsibility of counsel for plaintiff to make service of the T.R.O. on the defendant.

If you have questions about case assignment during business hours, contact the Clerk’s Office by emailing

If you have questions concerning this process, please call Kevin Eibel (267) 299-7035, Ann Murphy (267) 299-7068, or Nicole D’Urso (267) 299-7017.